Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Data

I deleted my data. Wittingly. It was including several thousands of mp3, a number of movies and at least four folders of my overseas visits photos and videos. It began when I decided to format an SD card that contained a video from 2016. As I entered it, I didn't realize that the drive wasn't detected by my laptop. I thought the drive F was the card that I want to format. Without hesitation, I pushed the button and got shocked to have known that I formatted the wrong drive. My heart instantly beat faster.

In 2016 I did the same mistake. It was the time when I am paving my dream to pursue a master degree--which haven't been accomplished yet up until today. I recorded the video of myself studying IELTS. I also portrayed of how I join the test. The moment of regret came right after I received the result. I didn't pass the minimum score of IELTS to apply for a scholarship. Not to mention the criteria to get the Letter of Acceptance (LoA) from the university.

Up until now, sometimes I think about it. The moments of failure (that I deleted) actually could get me up through the fight, I guess. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I tried to recover, they have gone. One thing for sure, I ought to get over it.

It was awkward to know that data could be that quite important for me--maybe for you as well. I remember to the analysis as told by Yuval Noah Harari. In his second book entitled Homo Deus, this Israeli historian wrote that we are now applying what he called as the religion of data.

Yuval defined religion simply as an ideology. The religion of data could be determined by how its follower(s) apply the freedom of data. It has to be flow uninterruptedly. Who was the adherents of data religion? They could be us. Whomever apply the principle of data freedom, they are the follower of such belief. No matter they accept the label or not. []

No comments:

Post a Comment