Friday, July 24, 2020

Hospital

Yesterday was the first time I came to one hospital in Serpong, for I am living here since August last year. Formerly, I always go to hospital for averagely six months. The mission is: removing ear wax.

 

Ear wax was a natural substance that produced by our ears to prevent dangerous materials getting in to the ear lobe. At some range of time, it needs to be cleaned—or have been cleaned by its natural mechanism. In my case, one should be taken out manually.

 

Before I decided to went to the hospital (about a month ago), I tried to get my ears clear by myself. I bought an ear oil, and it worked. Nevertheless, it wasn’t enough to get all the wax out of my ears. Subsequently, in this pandemic situation, I decided to go.

 

When I was arrived at this hospital, the situation was quite deserted. I mean, there were lack of people inside the lobby. I didn’t need to wait for such a long time to register. So did when I wait for a doctor’s calling.

 

Before entering the doctor’s room, I’ve got several screening. Of course, covid-19 symptom’s confirmation has been asked—including some steps of hand-washing, temperature measuring, and confirmation-form filling. One screening that I’ve been through was the blood pressure test. The result: my blood pressure was categorized as low.

 

As I entered doctor’s room, I sense that she was a communicative kind of person. She hardly stop speaking, but I guess that was still tolerable. I was asked whether I always wear a headset or not. The answer was of course: yes. About six hours a day, I told her. Then, the doctor said that the maximum duration of using headset was actually only one hour, for about 60 decibel of sound volume. While the maximum amount of sound volume in iphone was 102 decibel.

 

Long story short, my ears were fully functioning. In a while, I asked doctor about how to increase my blood pressure. Because even though I work out routinely lately, the number was quite dissapointing. At the end of our consultation, she answered that sometimes, we have to ignore the number. As long as our body felt fine, the number wouldn’t matter. Just keep thankful of what God gives us. She concluded. []

No comments:

Post a Comment